Have you ever had an electric shock when stroking your cat?? Here's the reason why.

During fair weather, when relative humidity is low, static electricity can build up on a cat as it touches other objects. Cat hair loses electrons easily, so cats become positively charged.

When a cat licks itself, the moisture makes its fur more conductive – so the charge can more easily ‘leak’ off the fur. Many cats don’t like being stroked in cold winter weather because a fur charge can build up to cause small sparks, irritating them.

A Cats Prayer

Lead me down all the right paths,
Keep me from fleas, bees, and baths.
Let me in should it storm,
Keep me safe, fed, and warm.

Read more...

Sponsored Advert