Indigo and his poorly paw!First off, I would like to apologize to all of my friends and followers. Last year was a tough one for my humans. They were so busy that I could not get them to paw my stories. But boy did they get a shaking this past Christmas Eve. It all started when I began to seizure on the kitchen floor. For those who may have forgotten, I’m a fifteen-year-old (going to be sweet sixteen on February 28th) who was diagnosed with diabetes four years ago. I have been getting insulin shots twice a day since my diagnosis. I’m a male cat who lives with five other male cats. Together, the six of us are all brothers (not necessarily from the same mother). My brothers’ names are: Benny, Sparkles, Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

Last time I wrote I was debating if living with five other cats would help me lose the extra pounds that I needed to shed in order to get my diabetes under control. I concluded that I might instead gain weight because more cats equal more food and treats. I never did develop an exercise regime but did enjoy hanging out with my fur-bros, lounging in the sunshine and watching the outdoor wildlife.

But on Christmas Eve of 2018 it was not looking good for me as my insulin levels dropped so low that I was laying on my back unable to move crying and shaking from a seizure. As you could imagine; my humans were quite anxious due to the fact that I needed help fast and it was a holiday. Lucky for me, there’s a 24/7/365 pet hospital within driving distance. They rushed me to the hospital where I had to stay the night. Christmas Eve night that is. I was not thrilled to be staying the night at the hospital, but I was happy to be alive. The nice nurses and doctors took great care of me, after all, I am the famous Weight Loss Cat. Yes, I did get the celebrity treatment when I was there. They rubbed my belly and loved squeezing my fat. Not sure why but I really brightened their Christmas and they brightened mine as well bringing me back to life.

I’m happy to report that I did get to go home in the late afternoon on Christmas Day. What happened was that my insulin was beginning to get under control (meaning my body was starting to manufacture it again on its own) but my humans did not know this. BY giving me insulin, my levels dropped so low that I started to seizure. My humans told the nice doctors at the hospital to run as many tests as they could to determine what was wrong with me. Lots of blood work was done and it was determined that I was in great shape considering what was currently happening to me. The Christmas Miracle came when I completely recovered on Christmas Day, got to go home and was told that my diabetes was in remission. I’m happy to report that it has been two months since I had an insulin shot and I have never felt better.

Until next time; keep your head up and stay positive!

My name is Indigo aka Indy and I'm the Weight Loss Cat. You can read my musings about weight and everything in between on my blog Also, be sure to follow me on and like me on


A Morning Kiss

A morning kiss, a discreet touch of his nose landing somewhere on the middle of my face.
Because his long white whiskers tickled, I began every day laughing.

Janet F Faure