Springing into summer is an amazing time for someone who is trying to lose weight. Whether you are a human being trying to look good in that summer outfit or a kitty cat wanting to walk through the kitchen without gasping for air, spring time provides good motivation to get in shape for summer. Last month I set my 10 weight loss goals for spring. Items that I planned on focussing on in order to reach my goal of losing weight. Let me update you all on my progress thus far. Granted, it has only been a month, but a month for a cat is like 6 human months. Please find below my original 10 weight loss goals followed by an update.
* GOAL: I will wake up thirty minutes early every day and spend that time stretching.
UPDATE: I've been getting up before anyone else. I have this doggy puppet that I like to take for a walk through the house early in the morning. I sing to it while I walk it.
* GOAL: lI will use the downstairs little box more (unless I really have to go then I will use the closest one).
UPDATE: It has been warmer than usual here so I have been spending more time in the basement where it is cooler. I forgot how much I enjoyed it down there. Have not found the little box though.
* GOAL: I will attempt to chase my brothers more instead of being the one chased.
UPDATE: This is fun. I've tried it a couple of times already and I think I like it. My brothers do not like being chased especially when they are trying to eat.
* GOAL: I will climb onto the furniture, if I can.
UPDATE: With the warmer weather comes the windows being opened more. I like climbing on top the organ to look out the window and sit in the sun.
* GOAL: I will go outside in hunt of organic catnip.
UPDATE: I forgot that I'm not allowed to go outside. One of my humans has been bringing me some fresh clippings of Crack For Kitty Catnip.
* GOAL: I will try to climb a tree (a small one, I wouldn't want to have to be rescued by a fire fighter).
UPDATE: Since I cannot go outside, does climbing the organ count?
*GOAL: I will chase a small animal such as a rabbit or a field mouse.
UPDATE: I do not have to go outside to find something to chase. I found a stink bug on the window ledge, yum.
* GOAL: I will go in search of juicy bugs and insects.
UPDATE: See Previous Goal. Still enjoying that stink bug.
*GOAL: I will run through the grass wearing nothing more than my fur coat.
UPDATE: Again, cannot go outside. I have been running through the carpet though.
* GOAL: I will stick my head out the car window every time my humans take me for my quarterly weigh in at the vet’s office.
UPDATE: I think I heard that I will be going to the vet next week. I will try this one then.
That is all for now. As you can see, some of my goals I have been working on while others will have to be modified. Hey, at least I have goals.
My name is Indigo aka Indy and I'm the WeightLossCat. You can read my musings about weight and everything in between on my blog www.weightlosscat.com. Also be sure to follow me on www.twitter.com/weightlosscat and like me on www.facebook.com/weightlosscat.